The Princess and the Pirate Chapter 3

Anna opened the chest and found a black shirt folded neatly in the corner. She took it out and slipped it over her head and gown, hiding the tear. She walked back to sit down on the edge of the bed. When she stared at the blankets on the ground, she reached down and picked them up. She fixed the bed and afterward, sat in the middle of the bed, looking out at the darkening sky. It had been quiet outside her door and she wished that Maddy would return. She needed to talk to someone and the silence was driving her insane. When she heard the door unlocking, she sat up with excitement, but it died when Jedidiah entered the room with a tray of food. He set it down by the table and stared at her with wide eyes. She remained where she was without moving until he walked to sit down on a chair.
            “The shirt suits you well,” he said.
            She stared at the shirt she was wearing and swallowed down her fear. “I had to find something to cover up the tear.”
            “I’ll bring you some sewing kits tomorrow. You can mend it then.”
            She nodded.
            “You must be famished, milady. Go ahead and eat. I’ve already eaten.”
            She walked to the tray of food and picked up a piece of bread. As she ate, she kept her eyes down, for she knew he was staring at her. She took her time, eating slowly, and accepting all the tastes that came with it. When she finished, she wiped her hands on the towel and finally shifted her gaze up to look at him. She was right; he was staring at her.
            “You torture me while you eat,” Jedidiah said.
            Anna almost choked. “I don’t understand what you mean.”
            “I mean, you torture me with your mouth. Each time you open your mouth, I want a taste.”
            She blushed and turned away. She heard the chair squeak and then his footsteps as he came to kneel behind her. She felt his hands on her shoulders and she shuddered.
            “Don’t,” she warned.
            Laughing, he replied, “You’ve never had much experience with men, have you?”
            She turned around. “What honest man would want a woman with experience? I’m a princess, Jedidiah, and the only man I shall know as my lover will be my husband, the Baron Charles.”
            “You truly believe that? And what will you do when you meet him and find him to be old, ugly, and barely able to perform his husband duties? Who will you turn to then? Your duty as a wife is to deliver him sons. How can you when he can’t even perform his part?”
            Anna remained silent for she hadn’t thought of that. She pondered if she should answer or not, but he stood up and walked away from her. He opened the drawer and shuffled through the chest until he found something. He tossed it at her and she stared at the red gown in her hands. It was made of silk and fabricated with richness.
            “Who did this belong to? A whore of yours?” she asked.
            “No. It belonged to my mother.”
            Anna felt herself blush out of embarrassment for she was the one who cursed him for not having a mother. She watched as he glanced at her once and then walked out, locking the door. She stared at the dress in her hands and removed her torn dress and black shirt of his. She slipped it on and it fit like a glove. She felt ashamed for her outburst earlier and as she stood there staring at the red gown she wore, she suddenly felt saddened by the fact that she had cursed a dead woman.
            The door opened again and Jedidiah walked in admiring her. She picked up her gown and laid it on the bed. He opened the door wider and gestured for her to follow him. She did as he requested because she needed the air and she wasn’t going to give up her chance to be outside in the wind. As she thought, he brought her up to the deck where it was silent. The black sky carried a bright pale moon and twinkling stars. She breathed in the air and sighed deeply. The waves crashing against the side of the ship was music to her ears and she placed her hands on the railing, looking out at the dark sea.
            “The dress suits you,” he said.
            “Where is your mother?” Anna asked.
            “She was taken from me when I was a young boy. I’ve been trying to find her since.”
            Anna looked at him and through the wind and the glowing moon, he actually looked human. He looked like a good man with a good heart, not a pirate with murder and rape on his mind. She turned away and continued staring out at the open sea.
            “Why are you marrying a man you’ve never met?” Jedidiah asked as he stepped closer to her.
            “It’s my duty to fulfill my father’s wishes. You wouldn’t understand; you’re a pirate.”
            “I might surprise you, milady.”
            She turned to glance at him. “I’ve been given a duty. I’m going to fulfill it. That’s all.”
            He walked to her and tilted her chin up. Then he closed the distance between them and she could feel his body press against hers. The trembling in her body returned and she felt on fire as he placed one hand on the small of her back, pushing her toward him.
            “I promise you that you will beg me to take you before your journey is up, milady,” he whispered.
            She brought up her hands to push him back, but he closed both arms around her waist. “You bastard! Here, I was, feeling sorry for you. You had to return and make me think twice. You will never have me, Jedidiah! I’ll kill you before you get that chance.”
            He smiled. “You speak of killing me so often, I’m beginning to doubt my safety around you, little dove.”
            “That’s right, go ahead and worry because I will hurt you should you try to do anything to me. I am to be delivered to the Baron Charles, untouched. If you should do anything to compromise that, I will make sure you don’t see another sea in your life.”
            He raised an eyebrow. “Such threats you make, milady. I shall have to see if you can prove that to me.”
            Before Anna could utter another word, he picked her up, tossed her over his shoulder and carried her to his cabin. Her kicking and screaming didn’t stop him nor did it wake up any of the crew. He dropped her on the bed, locked the door, and this time removed all of his clothes. She screamed in terror as he came to her and pulled her to him. She slammed her fists into his muscled chest and he laughed.
            “That doesn’t do me any harm, little dove,” he said. “Now remove the gown.”
            “No,” Anna challenged.
            “Milady, either you remove it nicely or I will have to bind you again.”’
            Anna felt her hands tremble as she brought up her hands and began to remove the gown. When she was naked, she tossed the gown at him. He smiled and reached for her neck, pulling him in for a kiss. She bit his lip and he growled as he pulled away.
            “You test me,” he said.
            “Go to hell!” she cried.
            He laughed as he grabbed her arms and pinned them against the side of her head. She let out a loud scream as he covered her lips with his. This time he entered his tongue, not allowing her to bite him. When he pushed himself in between her legs, she stilled and realized she would lose to him. She felt tears enter her eyes and he pulled back to look at her.
            “Don’t cry, little dove, I’m preparing you for your wedding night. But I doubt this prince of yours will be able to match my love making,” he said.
            Crying, she said, “You will never be half the man my future husband will be.”
            “Let’s see about that.”
           
            Anna lay quietly on her side staring out at the black sky as Jedidiah lay sleeping beside her. She hated herself for she had given in to him and he didn’t need to rape her. He had slowly tortured her with pleasure until at the end, she begged him to take her. She felt ashamed and she felt she had betrayed Charles. She wiped her eyes and reached up to feel her lips, which still tingled from his kisses. She sat up and pulled the blanket around her body. When she turned to look at him, he was sleeping with one arm over his head. Just a few moments ago, that body had been on top of her, giving her such undeniable pleasure that it sent her on a whirlwind and it made her wonder if Charles could do what he did. Anna walked to the red gown she had removed earlier and slipped it on. She stilled when she heard him moving about the bed. Then when she heard a match strike against carbon, she knew she had woken him.
            “Where do you think you’re going?” Jedidiah asked as he leaned on his elbow.
            Anna ran a hand through her tangled hair. “I was cold.”
            He laughed. “Little dove, if you’re cold, all you’d need was ask me to warm you up. Clothes can’t do what I can do to you.”
            She blushed. “I’m quite fine now.”
            “Come back to bed.”
            She started walking to the bed but he stopped her. “What?”
            “Remove the dress.”
            Anna scoffed. “No.”
            “Darling, you can either remove it or I will remove it for you. But know this, if I’m forced to get up and do it for you, there will be consequences.”
            Anna sighed and removed the gown. She walked back to the bed and slipped in. He chuckled and blew out the candle. He pulled her to him and as he went back to sleep, Anna cursed him and all the pleasures he brought her.
 
            Anna had just finished sewing the final thread to the torn gown when Maddy walked in holding a tray of food. She set it down on the table and looked up as Anna stared at her work. Maddy walked to sit down beside her on the bed and admired Anna’s work.
            “You’ve done a great job. But I shudder to think of why this gown needed work in the first place,” Maddy said.
            “Don’t remind me, Maddy. Last night,” she started and then sobbed. “Oh, it was horrible, Maddy! He made me betray myself! I promised I wouldn’t give in to him and he did all these things to me and I ended up giving in to him! I hate myself!”
            Maddy gathered her up in her arms. “There, there, child, don’t hate yourself. You’re only human.”
            Anna pulled away. “What should I do if he intends to do this to me every night? I can’t allow that to happen, once was enough.”
            Maddy wiped away her tears. “Don’t worry and don’t fret, my dear. I’m sure he won’t be coming back to visit you any time soon. Now, let’s get you a bath. Come on, get out of those clothes.”
            Anna stood up and shed the red gown off of her body as Maddy left to fetch the water. She had her back turned and was smoothing out the wrinkles in her own gown when she heard footsteps behind her. Assuming it was Maddy, she turned back and was shocked to hell and back when she saw Jedidiah standing there admiring her nakedness. She grabbed the gown she had just mended and wrapped it around her body. She stood there wondering where Maddy was.
            “Get out of here,” she said through clenched teeth.
            He laughed. “Is that any way to speak to your lover? Might I remind you how you begged me to take you last night?”
            “It won’t happen again. You can count on it. If you should come near me again, I’ll escape.”
            “Really? And where would you go? With no one to protect you against cutthroat thieves and spies, where would you go? Who will you pay to help you find your way back to your beloved Charles? Here, in this world, it’s a whole different ball game, princess. You don’t get to order men around and they come groveling to your feet. No, here, men take what they want and if any man should see someone as beautiful as you, you’d become their slave in bed.”
            Anna shuddered at his words and realized he was right. She was not in her own country where the men were civilized and honest. These men were pirates and worse, murderers. She watched as he kicked the door closed and sat down on the chair, getting comfortable.
            “What are you doing?” she asked.
            “I’m going to watch you take a bath.”
            “You certainly will not!”
            “Should I remind you that I’ve already seen you naked, little dove. You’ve no reason to be shy…unless you want me in the tub with you.”
            “Of course not!” she cried.
            The door opened again and Maddy walked in, stopping short to stare at Jedidiah. She set the water down and was about to pour it in when Jedidiah stopped her.
            “You may leave now, Maddy,” Jedidiah said.
            “Sir, I think it be wise if I stayed. I must make sure she’s clean.”
            He smiled. “I can do that job just as good as you can, ma’am.”
            “Maddy!” Anna interrupted. “Stay here with me and help me wash my hair. It’s been a few days and it’s a tangled mess.”
            “S-“
            “No,” Jedidiah barked. “I’ll wash her hair and if you know what is good for you, you won’t interrupt us.”
            Maddy swallowed and Anna knew the woman was going to leave her. When Maddy left, Jedidiah finished pouring the water into the basin and gestured for her to get in. Anna dropped the gown and walked with her head held high to the basin. First of all, she needed a bath and she wasn’t about to let the water get cold. Second, she would hurt him later. As soon as the water touched her skin, she began to relax and when his hands began to massage her hair and head, she melted into a puddle.
            “Your hair is gorgeous as is the rest of you,” he whispered.
            “Make sure you get my hair cleaned very well,” Anna said.
            “Of course, little dove, of course. I’m not without my skills.”
            With that said, she stopped talking and relaxed as his fingers worked down her skull, bringing her senses alive with every touch and stroke. When he finished, he poured water over her head and she took in a deep breath of the jasmine scent soap. She washed her body and then turned to find him standing with a towel for her. She stood up, water dripping, and he wrapped the towel around her body.
            “I’ve ordered all the men off the deck. You can go outside once you’re dressed to dry your hair,” he said as he turned to go.
            The wind was breezy as Anna made it across the deck. The sun was shining at its highest peak and she was thankful for it; her hair would be dry in no time. She ran her hands along the railing and spotted a man standing not too far from her. He wore all black and had a red bandana tied around his head. She could see blonde hair poking out from beneath.
            “Hello?” she called out.
            He turned around and smiled. “You must be sick and tired of that view from the cabin.”
            “I am.”
            He walked to her and took her hand. “I’m Hank Jules, a good friend of Jedidiah’s. How are you?”
            “I’m better now that I’m out. Do you know where we’re going?”
            “We’re headed to Spain, my lady. We should reach shore in another two days. Have you ever been to Spain?”
            She shook her head.
            “It’s the most exotic land you’ll ever visit. It’s where I met my wife.”
            Her eyes lit up. “You’re married?”
            “Yes, I am,” Hank said. “Is that surprising?”
            Anna shrugged her shoulders lightly. “Well, yes and no. I mean, I thought most men at sea don’t get married because of the long travels they have to make.”
            “No, I’m married and I wouldn’t trade that for anything. My wife and I get along very well with the distance between us. She’s a lovely woman.”
            “I’m sure she is.”
            Hank narrowed his eyes. “How is he treating you?”
            Anna’s mood dampened. “I hate him. I’m sorry to say that to you, but I do. He is holding me captive from my future. Why?”
            Hank laughed. “Have you not figured it out yet, girl? He’s a bit moody and a bit blunt, but he’s a good man overall. When we reach the shores, he’ll return you to your betrothed, trust me.”
            Before Anna could reply, Jedidiah joined them and she lost all the joy to talk. Hank patted Jedidiah on the back and then left them alone. When Anna turned to face Jedidiah, he was carrying a dark glare on his face. Anna swallowed and turned away from him as she felt the sea spray against her face.
            “Don’t try to win him into saving you, little dove. Hank is more loyal to me than anyone on earth,” Jedidiah said.
            Anna laughed. “Win him over? Are you listening to yourself? If I was going to escape, why would I ask Hank to help me? I know the first person he’d tell would be you.”
            Jedidiah didn’t find that amusing. “Many have tried. Dry your hair and return to the cabin.”
            “I want to be out here today. I like the fresh air. I need it. My days in your cabin are over, Jedidiah. You’re not forcing me to do anything anymore.”
            He smiled. “I’m not forcing you? That’s what you say now. You just wait until tonight.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 Shades Darker

Kuab Muaj Tsuas 2 Review

Txoj Kev Mus Ua Nyab