Yet Here I Am...Waiting



The walls seem to hum alive with the lies we feed each other. No matter what time of day it is, I am never hungry because I feed myself full of your lies. Your emptiness kills me slowly and when I look in the mirror, I no longer recognize who I am. The woman I see is a stranger who happens to know me all too well. You’ve taken the good in me and you stole the light from me. Yet here I am still waiting.
          The clock on the wall tells me that it’s past due the time you were supposed to be home. The house is not a house, but a prison that holds steel bars to keep me inside. I have lost my way and there are no footprints left for me to trace my way back home. Friends and families I used to love become a faded memory of what used to be good. You’ve taken the youth in me and you stole the best of me. Yet here I am still waiting.
          My closet tells me that nothing fits anymore because I no longer eat. My body has become a waste of life and when I look in the mirror I am reminded that I am not wanted. My hands are covered with dry blood from the cuts my face wears. The bathroom floor is littered with my hair strands as they break from me every day. I am not the woman I used to be. You’ve taken the beauty in me and you stole the chance of life. Yet here I am still waiting.
          What am I waiting for?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 Shades Darker

Kuab Muaj Tsuas 2 Review

Txoj Kev Mus Ua Nyab