Hopes & Dreams



            When I was a child, I spent my days in the sun playing house and family with sticks and stones. I remembered I was always the mother because I was the oldest among the bunch and I liked being able to care for others. Every time my cousins and family came over, it was a time to kick off our shoes and dance in the sun as we tried to catch up on lost time. It was the best childhood memories growing up.
            I remember growing up, I had so much hope in wanting to be a star. I would sit and day dream about a handsome man who would whisk me away on a horse (yes! I was that crazy on fantasies) and take me away to a castle. I always wondered why in every single one of my dreams, I always rode on a horse toward a castle. I often thought if I was born in the wrong era and was meant to be a queen in a time of Lords and Gods. Give me a man in a kilt and sword with an accent and I’m gone. Seriously, have you seen Braveheart?
            And then when I met my husband who did whisk my heart away, I thought…hopes and dreams can come true when you want it enough. It’s funny how he calls me his Queen and I had always been fantasizing about a castle. In the end, me, the princess got her prince who made her his Queen. In Math equation, I found my X.
            My heart swells with so much love when I think about what it means to have a man who loves you, truly loves you without holding back. Perhaps because in my culture, I was raised to believe that good men don’t exist. I haven’t regretted my decision to become his Queen and now that we are once again long distance lovers (back to our beginning) our hearts are so strongly bonded that I feel as if I am him and he is me. You know in those books where they mention, “I can feel him before I see him?” I can vouch for that because that is how we are. We can feel each other before we know the other is in the room.
            Last night when we were talking, he was telling me so many things, things that made me tear up because that’s how he is. The way he talks, how he says it, just makes everything go away and becomes perfect. This is why I miss him dearly when he’s away. When he’s close by, I can reach out and he’ll give me his hand, no matter what time of day or night it is. All I have to say is I need him and he’s there.
            Your hopes and dreams of a good man is out there. Perhaps he hasn’t been found yet. Perhaps you already have him. If you haven’t found him, be sure to forgive the wrong man for his mistakes so that when the right man comes, he won’t pay the price. If you have him, appreciate and be grateful for the moment spent together.
We are going to do incredible and amazing things together in this lifetime baby. The best years have yet to be. In the next 50 years, my mission is to make you smile endlessly. You complete me. It's time for us to celebrate life every day for the rest of our life together.” ~Ko Vang

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 Shades Darker

Kuab Muaj Tsuas 2 Review

Txoj Kev Mus Ua Nyab