Past Promises Chapter 10 END

Clothes were littered on the ground, heels turned upside down, and a lacy bra hung on the bed post. The night wind blew in soft, balmy air as the two lovers lay entwined in each other’s arms. The aftermath of passionate love making left them both exhausted and fulfilled. The emptiness they both felt for years was finally gone as they gave each other life. Their bodies became as one, giving one another the need to fill the ache that tortured at their souls.
     Jedidiah held her against him and kissed her head, thinking back to how she had uttered his name in complete surrender when he brought her to the brink of ecstasy. The pleasures she muttered against his skin had him holding back until he felt he would break. Everything had been perfect just like how he had imagined it would be. She was perfect; an addiction he would find he needed.
     “What are you thinking about?” Anna whispered as she laced her hand through his.
     Jedidiah smiled in the dark. “You.”
     She laughed. “I hope they’re good thoughts.”
     “No, darling, I’m selfish. My thoughts about you are quite dirty.”
     “You devil.”
     He cupped her face and tilted it to look at him. The moonlight showed him her eyes. He rubbed his thumb across her lower lip and remembered how he had spent hours making love to it. He swallowed and felt his own body come alive just by staring at her.
     “Anna, I love you. There’s nothing I want more than you in this world. If you ask me to give everything up for you, I’d do it in a heartbeat. Without you, all this wealth and success, is worthless. Do you know? When I made my first million, all I wanted was to share it with you. Everyone was so happy for me, but every single face in the crowd wasn’t the one I was searching for.”
     She touched his cheek. “Jedidiah, you don’t have to give anything up for me. I wouldn’t want you to. I only want to help you get more in return. My life has been empty without you and now that I have found you again, I have realized how much I’ve been missing. I will never leave you.”
     He got off of the bed and turned on the light. She immediately reached for the blanket to cover herself. He opened a drawer and pulled out something. Then he turned to her and got down on both knees. He took her hands and stared at her, eyes brimming with tears.
     “Anna, I know that when we met, we were young, but what I felt for you then is as real as it is in this moment. I was a young man who was lost and you were the angel who saved me from destruction. There was never any doubt in my mind that you and I would be together. Those past promises I made to you, they’re not just past promises. They’re every truth inside of me that I plan on making it real for you every day.
     “You’re the heaven in my darkness and you bring to me unity in my unbalanced life. When I look at you, everything feels good. No matter if I am the man I am today or the one I was 12 years ago, you are and will always be the kiss to make this raging storm in me surrender. My love for you is every moment of eternity.”
     Anna smiled as tears slipped down her cheeks. “What are you asking?”
     He took the ring that Owen had put on her finger and set it aside. Then he opened up the box and pulled out a diamond ring. It sparkled in the light and he held it up for her to see.
     “This ring, it’s a round shaped object that holds the strength to my love. It is filled with all of my good intentions, my desire, and my faith for you. I want you to wear this on your finger, to show the world that you belong to me because you love me and that you accept my love. It is not an object to tie you down to me. It is not an object to possess you. It is an object to remind you that you are my partner, my better half, and the reason why I wake up in the morning. Will you accept this ring and become my wife?”
     Anna sniffed and wiped her eyes. She took the ring from his hand. “This ring is the link from my heart to yours. It is the connection of our love. You have and always will be the only one who knows the truth of how I feel, no matter if I am happy or sad. This ring will serve as an eternity of our love. I will wear it proud and I will never go a day without it. It will stay on my finger as a purpose that I am your wife, your partner, and your hope. You are my hero, my savior, and the princes in all fairy tales come alive.”

     Jedidiah smiled and pulled her to him. He gave her a deep kiss, their bodies feverish as he slowly pulled away the blanket from her body. It was the perfect ending to settle past promises. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 Shades Darker

Kuab Muaj Tsuas 2 Review

Txoj Kev Mus Ua Nyab