Broken Dreams


Dreams. Who here doesn't dream? Day dream of a being swept away into a prince's arms when you were a little girl. Dreaming of a big house with a boat and fishing around the clock. Dreaming of your feet in warm sand on a beach with no care in the world. Actually, that last one doesn't sound too bad. I wouldn't mind that one.

When I was a little girl growing up, I had a lot of dreams. I dreamt of being an actress because I sat and watched films with my parents all the time. And I thought it was glamourous. I thought it was beautiful to be the woman everyone wanted to love. Then I got over it. I then went on to dream about being someone other than myself. That lasted quite a while because I wanted to for once not be me. I thought it would be pretty fun to be not be me. Turns out that it was pretty stupid and it only got me into trouble for following the crowd.

When I got married, my dreams shifted from being a wife to a mother to back to square one of I have no idea what I want to do. But no matter what I did in life, I always came back to the same thing that never really left me: writing. It was always there, waiting for me with open arms and no matter how bad of a shape I had left it in, it always welcomed me home.

So here I am back where I started, writing out my heart to the world. It has gotten me to where I first started dreaming. I got to act and be an actress. And I get to be someone else each time I write. It's amazing how much dreams can come true even when we think they're broken. The world isn't as kind as we always think but dreams we hold onto can slowly come into place if we hold on long enough.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 Shades Darker

Kuab Muaj Tsuas 2 Review

Txoj Kev Mus Ua Nyab