It's Alright!

What happens when the world is always against you? What happens when you wake up and find that you are sleeping on the wrong side of the bed? You learn to smile and say, "It's Alright!" It's just another day! So what if your hair is working against you and you look like Medusa. So what if your skin looks like you coated it with a pound of oil. You say, "It's Alright!" Because you know what? It will be.

For so long now, I was telling myself that if I get rejected one more time, I would quit. Well, that was a lie. I have been rejected so many times I lost count. I thought to myself, "I will never get published." But you know what? I did and I still remember standing on the street that day when the editor over at Dorrance Publishing sent me the acceptance letter. I thought, "Is this real?" I just froze and couldn't move. Then I began to cry and when the first tear fell, the rest came out real fast. I just stood there crying by the mail boxes. I'm sure my neighbors thought I'd gone crazy...for sure.

But after the tears, came the smiles, and the giggles, and then the utter laughter that rippled from my belly. It was an OMG moment that lasted...several years actually =). I was and still am in awe that people around the world would enjoy my writing. I have found that in my writing, I have connected with so many people whose lives have changed or been affected by the simple words I put together on paper. It makes me feel so good knowing that.

Recently, I received a letter from a fan who wrote to me and said "I was an inspiration." It made me tear up. I am so glad that I am able to touch people with my words. I may be a stranger, but through my writing, I become a family member. I can lift the anchor and let them free of hurt and pain. I feel so blessed to have this gift, to give it to my fans, and to shed light. Thank you!

Thank you so much for supporting me and for allowing me into your homes and minds. I am forever grateful. So on days when you wake up fearful of what the day will bring, the hole in your stocking, or the coffee that tastes like tar, just relax, breathe, and say, "It's Alright!" Tomorrow is another day and this moment will pass. It's alright! =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 Shades Darker

Kuab Muaj Tsuas 2 Review

Txoj Kev Mus Ua Nyab