My Own Curves



A while back, I was met with some words that really made me wonder what beauty truly was about. These words were how a woman should look. A beautiful face, a tiny waist, long legs, perfect perky breasts, and legs for days. I had tried so hard to work out to maintain my body, to keep my weight to a level where I was happy, and I hated a lot of my body parts. I had a relapse where I gained some of the weight back on and it made me realize something so important that I wondered why it hurt in the first place. 

My body is designed for me. It is not designed for you or anyone else. My thighs touch when I walk, they jiggle when I dance, and I have cellulite. Across my stomach are stretch marks from where I carried my children and my hips are not even. My bottom is bigger than my top and my waist is thick. My stomach hangs down when I stand up and goes flat when I lay. But I discovered something. Know what it is? My body is MINE. It belongs to me and I have the will to love it or hate it. If I hate it, it will destroy me along with my confidence due to the fact of what others see as "perfect." I have chosen to love my body because it was one given to me by the love of my parents. My body shows the journey I have traveled, the life I've made, and the stories I've written. I LOVE every part of it and I will not trade it for anything. I accept myself for all the flaws and the beauty it carries. I am perfect in my eyes.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 Shades Darker

Kuab Muaj Tsuas 2 Review

Txoj Kev Mus Ua Nyab