2019's Loss


It's August...only and this year, my family has had a downfall with deaths. It seems like the book of life is closing early on me because since the beginning of the year, I've been slammed with death in the family. I seem to be losing more family members than I want and just as I think I'm strong again, a wave of loss hits stronger than before. 

As a child, you always assume that your parents, any loved ones for that matter, will never stray from you. You will always have each other and no matter what, you'll never grow old. Sickness will never enter your life and happiness is all you will know. I remember growing up never having anything to worry but the thought of what am I going to do the next day to find enjoyment. As an adult, we learn that things happen without cause and we must learn to pick up our feet and move on. We must learn to heal from life's disaster and figure out a way to find hope in the darkest of times. That is the adult life we are never prepared for. 

The book of life holds many chapters and sadly, death is one of them, and it is one you cannot escape. But no matter how many times you experience death, it does not get any easier and it does not make coping and recovery better. You try as you might, but you will fall and you will end up crying and wanting to fall into a dark hole. I've learned that that hole is quite comforting when you forget that anything else matters. It's also seductive enough to never want to get out. I hope and pray that you will never fall into that trap. 

To my family, we are strong, but we are stronger together. We can overcome anything if we hold hands and try to get through this as one. Without each other, we may fall and hurt, but with each other, we can help each other get back up again. Don't give up just because life has slapped us with a hard good bye without warning. Let's live together for the moments our loved ones could not. Let's love harder than ever to keep our bond closer. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 Shades Darker

Kuab Muaj Tsuas 2 Review

Txoj Kev Mus Ua Nyab