Here and Gone

Can you believe December is almost over? I woke up today and I thought, "Holy cow! I was waiting for Christmas and now it's gone." Just like that! It came and it disappeared. Did anyone of you catch it? I sure almost missed it. These days, time just flies by so quickly without a moment's pause. When we do pause and try to smell the roses, we find that we're no longer actually smelling it because we want to; we do it because time says we should. But with each year, we all learn a lesson and mine this year was a painful one. As most of you know from being friends with me on Facebook, I lost my brother in law, Blia Cha, and it was right before Christmas too. So the toll it took on me and my family was a huge one. It left us all feeling hollow and empty without him. It has proven to me that life should never be taken for granted. Yes, we're busy; yes, we all have things going on; and that's what makes us all slowly lose touch with everyone around us. Remember before text messagings, emails, Facebook, where we would call each other just to say hi? And now with the introduction of technology, we fail to say "hello" on the phone. We end up texting each other and we lose the intimacy of greetings. I'll admit that I do that sometimes too and I'm trying to push myself to not do it so much. But it's so tempting when the text messages are right there or your IPad is right there and you just punch in a few letters and the message is gotten across. Although we are gaining new techologies in our present time, I wonder to myself how our children will converse with each other in the future; that thought is frightening.

December is an end to the year 2012 and I hope that you have reached your goals in some way. If not, try again in 2013; if you did, I applaud you. It's hard work to commit to your goals and to make sure you reach them. If you set them, you've taken the first step and I salute you. A New Year is the right time to create new goals and not neccessarily give up entirely on old goals. Have a safe holiday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 Shades Darker

Kuab Muaj Tsuas 2 Review

Txoj Kev Mus Ua Nyab